Saturday, March 28, 2015

He's a Stud, She's a...

Hello!

A quick book review for a loverly book I finished...this month? I don't know, goodreads keeps track of that for me. ;)

Anyways, here is the book.


 He's a Stud, She's a Slut, and 49 Other Double Standards Every Woman Should Know, by Jessica Valenti
Copyright © 2008 by Seal Press
Here is my review from goodreads.com
      -----I really liked this book for a number of reasons. Things still aren't so great and a lot needs to change in society and mindsets and this book unabashedly says this. I really enjoyed her writing style(swearing, humor, sarcasm, oh my!). She made this book informative, maddening and yet hopeful. A lot of times, when I read books like this I just get really angry and completely devoid of hope that things will/can change. This book is informative about some truly horrible and mind-bogglingly unjust practices and double standards that are very much real today (and it's 2015, so really people, really?!). And yes it made me very mad because like I said, unjust and horrible, but the tone of the book didn't leave me bitter. Instead it left me with new ways of thinking, and ways that I personally can start to make a change. Definitely recommend.-----

 ~ Happy Reading Everyone ~ 




No comments:

Post a Comment