Sunday, January 4, 2015

Belated but...

Happy New Year!

As per tradition my folks and I had our Tolkien marathon! Now with the Hobbit movies, we're at five movies. Ever since I can remember we've hunkered down with hordi-derves and we've watched the extended editions of the LOTR movies (which is about 12 hours long!) on New Year's Eve. And then on New Year's we watch the behind the scenes discs (which are my favorite). Do you know what scene captures Viggo breaking his toe and then turning that pain into awesome acting? Or what scene has Aragorn, Gimli and Leggy running, all actors injured and tired? Or about John Rhys-Davies' allergy to his Gimli face? Go watch those behind the scenes discs NOW!!! I actually like them better than the movies. 

 I took this on my phone and played around with the picture settings. What do ya think?

Anyways, I just wanted to wish you all a happy, healthy and entirely wonderful 2015! I don't want to say I'm setting resolutions because that's too official. So instead I'm working on a list of habits I want to create and habits I want to break this year. 

I have also come up with the idea of writing myself a little note for every month to help remind me of times where my worst habits (being lazy and therefore procrastinating) made my life quite horrendible and as a way to keep me motivated.  This past semester of school was very hectic and stressful and what kills me is that it was all unnecessary and entirely my fault. And the house suffered (no vacuuming, dusting, etc.) as a result of school stress and my basic desire to avoid anything I don't want to do (and yes I have realized that most of life is filled with things we don't want to do, so I told myself to suck it up buttercup!). 

Soooooo after feeling stressed and altogether crappy I decided things had to change and what better time to change than the new year? 
Ok, now that I've talked your ears off, I'm off to work on my "Must-do 2015" list of crafts, and food to make and try! 
Again, I wish you all the best for the new year! 

~B

2 comments:

  1. I will admit I have never watched the behind the scenes for LOTR, although the ones I have seen for Phantom of the Opera and Star Wars are pretty good. Definitely something I will have to try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know they did behind the scenes for Phantom. I'm definitely going to watch that!

      Delete