Tuesday, June 10, 2014

The Sugar Queen

Hello all!
Ok, I've got another wonderful book for you!
I read this book after I read Sarah Addison Allen's Garden Spells. Actually, I read all of her books in quick succession; I LOVE her writing style and her characters!
Today's Addison Allen novel is my favorite: The Sugar Queen.


 
The Sugar Queen by Sarah Addison Allen.
Copyright © 2008 Sarah Addison Allen. Published by Bantam Dell, a division of Random House.
When I first read this book, I couldn't quite figure out why I loved it so much and then it hit me. I related to Josey. I didn't relate to her relationship with her mom (my mom and I are quite close) but I did relate to her insecurity, her slight chubbiness (I very much dislike exercise!) and related love of junk food/sweets. I relate to her desire to travel and her fears and hesitations about travelling. I don't know; I just clicked with Josey and ever since I've loved re-re-reading this book. Even though I've read it at least three times now, I still get excited, nervous, worried and happy in all the same spots. No matter how many times I read it, it's like reading it for the very first time. That, my friends, is a good book indeed!
 
~ Happy Reading Everyone ~

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment